#UNPARSEABLE error

Can anyone help identify the problem here? It is a simple formula to sum the numbers if 2 conditions are met and works perfectly in excel but Smartsheet keeps giving this error.

=SUMIFS({DHR Team Time off Planner 2023 Range 1}, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2023}, [DHR Team Member]@row, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2023 Range 3},"vacation"}})

Could it be because the name match is a drop down string value?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kash

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=SUMIFS({DHR Team Time off Planner 2023 Range 1}, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2023}, [DHR Team Member]@row, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2023 Range 3},"vacation"

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kash

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=SUMIFS({DHR Team Time off Planner 2023 Range 1}, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2023}, [DHR Team Member]@row, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2023 Range 3},"vacation"

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kash
    Kash ✭✭✭

Hi Andrée,

Thank you I am very well and happy since I have been at it for a few hours and it worked :D

Can't believe it was just the parenthesis issue, excel would usually just remove extras but here as well I did try a few combinations. Anyway, thanks it works perfectly now!

Hope you are staying well and safe during today's snow storm as well.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kash

Excellent!

Happy to help!

I'm well and happy too, but no snow here.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Kash
    Kash ✭✭✭

Another year and still stuck with the same issue when creating a new sheet for the year. Anyone has a solution?

=SUMIFS({DHR Team Time off Planner 2024 Range 6}, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2024}, (Employee Name) @row, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2024 Range 2}, "vacation"

• Hey @Kash

When you're referencing a column name in a current sheet, you'll need to use [square] brackets. Try this:

=SUMIFS({DHR Team Time off Planner 2024 Range 6}, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2024}, [Employee Name]@row, {DHR Team Time off Planner 2024 Range 2}, "vacation")

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Kash
    Kash ✭✭✭

Heyy Genevieve, thanks for the help. I spent ours on it just to realize it was the header name mismatch :/ lol just worked and it adds so much excitement to the day!!

Enjoy!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!