COUNTIFS OR - unparsable, please help

Options

The formula below is receiving an unparsable error. Can someone help me figure out how to fix it?

What I'm trying to do:

I need to count all the email options for the XYZ Business Group. Email could include "Email - Outlook", "Email - Poppulo" and "Yammer Announcement". The email types would be contained in the "Channels / Media Type" column, however, I only want to count those for the XYZ business group. The business group is indicated in the "Business Group" column.

Formula:

=COUNTIFS([Business Group]:[Business Group], "XYZ", Channels / Media Type:Channels / Media Type, OR(CONTAINS("Email", @cell), CONTAINS("Yammer Announcement", @cell)))

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!!

Best Answer

• Devin Lee
    Devin Lee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Looks like it's just missing the brackets around the "Channels / Media Type]:[Channels / Media Type"

=COUNTIFS([Business Group]:[Business Group], "XYZ", [Channels / Media Type]:[Channels / Media Type], OR(CONTAINS("Email", @cell), CONTAINS("Yammer Announcement", @cell)))

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I think the formula looks pretty good on its face. Could it be that your column name doesn't have brackets around it? Maybe like this?

=COUNTIFS([Business Group]:[Business Group], "XYZ", [Channels / Media Type]:[Channels / Media Type], OR(CONTAINS("Email", @cell), CONTAINS("Yammer Announcement", @cell)))

• Devin Lee
    Devin Lee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Looks like it's just missing the brackets around the "Channels / Media Type]:[Channels / Media Type"

• Pam P
    Pam P ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Devin Lee !!!!! 😎

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!