Isblank difficulty

Options

I'm trying to add an "isblank" to this long formula and keep getting a "syntax" error message. Can anyone help? I want to add - if the "End Date" row is blank then this cell should also be blank. Here's my formula without the Isblank:

=IF(AND([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red", IF(AND([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row <= TODAY(7)), "Yellow", IF(AND([% Complete]@row = 1, [End Date]@row >= TODAY()), "Green", IF(AND([% Complete]@row = 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Gray", ""))))

Best Answer

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try this...

=IF(ISBLANK([End Date]@row),"", IF(AND([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red", IF(AND([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row <= TODAY(7)), "Yellow", IF(AND([% Complete]@row = 1, [End Date]@row >= TODAY()), "Green", IF(AND([% Complete]@row = 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Gray", "")))))

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try this...

=IF(ISBLANK([End Date]@row),"", IF(AND([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Red", IF(AND([% Complete]@row < 1, [End Date]@row <= TODAY(7)), "Yellow", IF(AND([% Complete]@row = 1, [End Date]@row >= TODAY()), "Green", IF(AND([% Complete]@row = 1, [End Date]@row < TODAY()), "Gray", "")))))

• rachelk
    Options

Worked perfectly! Thanks Mike!!

Question to help my learning, if you know - I'm fairly certain I added that exact formula at the end and it didn't work. Does the Isblank clause have to go at beginning to work?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!