Dashboard Chart Display for Amounts and %

We created a dashboard that includes a chart from a sheet summary report. However, while the total records are correct, the % is not (i.e., the 1st Meeting total is 67, but it shows 47%, which is not accurate - it's actually 12% of the total). So, I created another summary field to calculate the correct %, which works, but then the dashboard shows 12% and 47%). Would someone please explain why this appears this way? And, if there's something we could do to correct this? Thank you!

Screenshot #1 - Using %

Screenshot #2 - Using Amount (as a %)

Tags:

Best Answer

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Tony Fronza

Hey Tony. The % calculation is driven based on what numbers are shown in the half pie chart.

So it's taking 1st meeting Completes + SME Follow Ups + Proposals Issued to give you a total. It then divides that total by each of those individually to give you the %.

What is the correct info you're looking for it to display? And how is that data/counts represented in your sheets?

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

Answers

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Tony Fronza

Hey Tony. The % calculation is driven based on what numbers are shown in the half pie chart.

So it's taking 1st meeting Completes + SME Follow Ups + Proposals Issued to give you a total. It then divides that total by each of those individually to give you the %.

What is the correct info you're looking for it to display? And how is that data/counts represented in your sheets?

Ryan Sides

Come Say Hello!

• Tony Fronza
    Tony Fronza ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Ryan Sides! I figured that out a few mins after submitting this question, but I'd like the pie chart to show the % of each metric against the total # of clients - is that possible?

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what you mean.

You can set the pie chart to display the % instead of the numbers...

Ryan Sides

Come Say Hello!

• Tony Fronza
    Tony Fronza ✭✭✭✭

OK. I wondered if there was a way to pull the 100% from another source than the metrics in the pie chart. The metrics I'm pulling do not account for 100% of the data represented. Thanks for getting back to me, though!