Metric widget grid data format

Hello,

On the dashboard, when I add a metric and select the Grid Data, I want it to be displayed exactly how the sheet looks.

But on the dashboard the columns and rows are all inverse and looks weird. How can I fix this?

Best Answer

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @mwong

Yes, the report pulls the values from the sheet. Since these values are made with formulas on the sheet, you won't be able to edit them on the report. But for the purposes of displaying them on the dashboard, it will work just fine.

Just note, that the viewers will need to be shared at least viewer access to the sheet, report, and dashboard to be able to view it on the dashboard.

I hope that helps!

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/03/23

Hi @mwong

You should try embedding a report into the dashboard. You can set it up as view only and it would exactly like the grid view of a sheet. First create a report, use your sheet as the source, make the columns look the same on the report as they look on the sheet. Then go to the dashboard and add a report widget, chose the newly created report, play around with the sizing a little and you should be set.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

• mwong
    mwong ✭✭

Hi @Matt Johnson,

When creating a report, am I able to use a cross-sheet reference? In the sheet I created, I have a bunch of sumif/countif formulas and I'm not sure how I can use those in reports?

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @mwong

Yes, the report pulls the values from the sheet. Since these values are made with formulas on the sheet, you won't be able to edit them on the report. But for the purposes of displaying them on the dashboard, it will work just fine.

Just note, that the viewers will need to be shared at least viewer access to the sheet, report, and dashboard to be able to view it on the dashboard.

I hope that helps!

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

• mwong
    mwong ✭✭

@Matt Johnson thank you! I was using the wrong sheet source, once I selected the right data source it all worked.

Thanks so much!