Can multiple contacts in one cell report hours worked for a single task?

A group I am supporting would like to have a multiple contact "Assigned to" column for each task. However, the issue is that they want each person in this cell to be able to report different hours for that task, so a single task needs to collect the hours worked by all people assigned to it. Is there a way to do this without them needing to purchase Resource Manager, as they do not want to use Smartsheet if everything cannot be done in one platform?

This functionality is available in Workfront and I am trying to determine how it can be replicated in Smartsheet without this group needed to purchase Resource Manager. Any help would be really appreciated!

Tags:

Answers

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭

@melisaozdeniz My first thought is to add a column to the sheet for each person to track their hours. However, that could get super clunky fast.

What about separate sheets that have columns for project, task, assignee, and hours worked? You could do that by project, all together, or even by person and then have it collated into one report?

~Jaime