Assign an "item" to a new owner and delete the same item from other "owners/cells"

Alpherg
Alpherg ✭✭
edited 02/08/23 in Smartsheet Basics

how i can do it, assign an "item" to a new owner and delete the same item from other "owners/cells", in an automated way, or in anothers words, there two conditions:

-assign "equip" column to "owner" column

-delete the same "item" from other cells in the "item" column

example>

i really appreciate any help.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Alpherg

I can't think of a way to do this.

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you are looking at a way to "automate" via the workflows you would need to base it on ownership (drop-down list of names and helper email column for notifications) of the item or equip. Every time that equip/item is chosen/selected that owner can be assigned and notified.

Did I understand your ask?

Adriane

• Alpherg
    Alpherg ✭✭

@Adriane Price hi,

do you think if there another way to do it? i can't get your way. Maybe if you show up step by step, i can get it.

Thanks your attention.

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Alpherg -

If you create one column as your drop-down, the user can select from the list. When that "item" is selected, then you could create a helper column "owner" that uses a formula to look up that person based on the "item" they would be assigned to.

If I have misunderstood, please provide more context.

For example drop-down list. Submitter selects one of these divisions...

...the helper column will the look up that individual based upon the division.

I am not sure I understand --> delete the same "item" from other cells in the "item" column <-- what would be the deletion reasoning? If it is a duplicate then it may be best to set up a duplication column too so it does not notify the owner.

Adriane