Hi all, I am trying to calculate the sum of hours worked on certain accounts across multiple rows an

Options

Answers

• emilynduran
    emilynduran ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Addison! It's possible you hit enter without finishing your question. Could you provide more information?

• Addison Clark
    Options

Thank you Emily! Below is my question:

Hi all, I am trying to calculate the sum of hours worked on certain accounts when entered across multiple rows and ideally would have that sum filtered into another sheet or report. Can anyone advise on how to do that?

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Addison Clark is all of the data in the same column? If so, you would be able to do a sumif and use a value that would be a trigger.

Here is an example that I have in use. This pulls data from the Job Engagements (Employee Time Cards) sheet and collates every data entry that matches the assigned job number, and pulls the value from the total shift pay column. This gives us the total pay sum for all members of the team that work on any job.

=SUMIF({Job Engagements}, [Job #]@row, {Total Shift Pay})

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• Addison Clark
    Options

Thanks for your response @Colleen Patterson! Yes, all the data is in the same column. I tried using the formula you gave but keep getting an error. What does the (Job Engagements) piece reference for yours? I'm trying to find the sum of hours spent on a specific account and to have that number filter into another sheet where it would show only one row for each account with the total hours spent. The way I tried ordering the formula using the "reference another sheet function" was =SUMIF((Account)@row, (Hours spent))

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Addison Clark

In my example, the {Job Engagements} references the source sheet that my destination sheet is looking at to find those rows.

So in your destination sheet you would do:

=SUMIF({Name of source sheet},Account@row, {Hours spent})

You need curly brackets for anything you are seeking from a source sheet or source column. The parenthesis is for same sheet references. In this, I am assuming that you have a column in both sheets that has the Account label with the same data available, is that correct? In my prior example Job # is a column that is labeled and available in both locations.

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• Addison Clark
    Options

@Colleen Patterson Got it to work! Thanks so much for your help!

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Addison Clark Glad to hear it!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!