Dashboard information cutoff?

Hello

I have been using Dashboard for a little while now but still cant figure out why data gets cutoff or overlapped when displaying,.

Used scaling button with out any changes.

All data is pulled from a report created from a main sheet.

Thank you for any insight.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In the first one they are overlapping because of where the labels are in relation to the color they represent. The labels stay within the color band portion of the widget, so when you have smaller numbers mixed in, they tend to overlap. Increasing the widget size should help alleviate some of this but may still be unavoidable in certain situations.

The cutoff in the second is because the labels are always at the end of the bar. Since the end of the bar is so close to the edge of the widget, the label is cut off. Increasing widget size in this instance should help as well.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In the first one they are overlapping because of where the labels are in relation to the color they represent. The labels stay within the color band portion of the widget, so when you have smaller numbers mixed in, they tend to overlap. Increasing the widget size should help alleviate some of this but may still be unavoidable in certain situations.

The cutoff in the second is because the labels are always at the end of the bar. Since the end of the bar is so close to the edge of the widget, the label is cut off. Increasing widget size in this instance should help as well.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Morris R
    Morris R ✭✭✭✭

Thank you

All makes sense.

I agree that increasing the size helps in both instances but isn't ideal since you have to increase almost 60-70% of the size of the widget which would make my dashboard too large since I am using multiple versions of that type of widget.

Disappointed in the fact that this cant be modified.

Thank you