Is it possible to create a date/time poll (similar to Doodle poll) in Smartsheet?

glcavett
glcavett
edited 02/10/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm thinking it might be possible to create a form with date and time options (in 30-minute increments). Maybe something like this is already available?

Answers

• Hi @glcavett

You could use a form to get someone's preferred Date and then separately their preferred time (as a dropdown list). For example, something like this:

Here's a free webinar on forms:

However the selection through a form would submit the data to the underlying sheet as a new row, and wouldn't block off that date/time for another user if that's what you're looking to do.

Another option may be to configure a Sheet to have all your date/time options as different squares, then have users fill in the Sheet (instead of the Form). Keep in mind that they could potentially over-write someone else's selection, depending on what Sharing permissions you give them:

Is this what you were looking to do? If not, it would be helpful to see a screen capture example of how you want the data to be gathered / displayed.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Nat
    Nat ✭✭✭✭✭

I achieved this with a sheet & form, report and a dashboard chart for the result. It looks better than using something external, but it’s not perfect as it requires a lot of manual input to set up the dates. Happy to share what I did.

• Hi Nat can you please share your sheet/form for calendar polling to set up group meetings? Thank you.