How do I provide access to a Form to all the project managers?

I've setup a "new project intake sheet" with a Form so that any PM can input a proposed new project. The form works fine and the sheet populates correctly. However, I cannot find the Form unless I first open the Sheet and select Forms, Manage Forms, Open Form. There must be a more direct way to get to the form besides opening the sheet? I don't want the PM's to access the sheet, just the Form. What am I missing?

Best Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chadd

You're not missing anything. Accessing the Form can be a bit of a mystery at first. Obviously emailing a link always works but I prefer to embed the form on a dashboard and share the dashboard with the users. Whether you embed the form itself or add the link as a shortcut widget, the user can favorite that dashboard for quick access. This method works especially well on a mobile device.

Or if there's a different dashboard that the users frequently access, you could add the link to that as well.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Chadd
    Chadd ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks that helps. We do not yet have any dashboards setup but I guess I could create one specifically for this purpose. Or, I can send an email with a link but then they need to keep that email flagged and available to use the link I guess. This seems very odd and clunky to me. Why not just have Forms appear in their workspace/folder like a Sheet does... Oh well.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chadd

You're not missing anything. Accessing the Form can be a bit of a mystery at first. Obviously emailing a link always works but I prefer to embed the form on a dashboard and share the dashboard with the users. Whether you embed the form itself or add the link as a shortcut widget, the user can favorite that dashboard for quick access. This method works especially well on a mobile device.

Or if there's a different dashboard that the users frequently access, you could add the link to that as well.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Chadd
    Chadd ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks that helps. We do not yet have any dashboards setup but I guess I could create one specifically for this purpose. Or, I can send an email with a link but then they need to keep that email flagged and available to use the link I guess. This seems very odd and clunky to me. Why not just have Forms appear in their workspace/folder like a Sheet does... Oh well.