Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

hiding columns or data for certain users

Options

Comments

• Markus Deuerlein
    edited 11/24/16
    Options

And another vote for a hid column enhancement!

• Travis:

Is there any updates with respect to the addition of this feature? Namely, in any project, there are rows that should be restricted to some users. I see people posting that sensitive data such as rankings and budgets should have the functionality to be restricted by user or using some filter. The report solution only works when users have viewing rights only.

Since April of 2015, when these very good and necessary suggestions were made, is there any visibility on adding this critical functionality?

I convinced the management of our company to migrate to Smartsheet to replace our old custom-made project management portal (which has this feature) and it was approved for just this one current project. We have virtually dozens of projects running in parallel. I will not be able to convince management that Smartsheet is a viable replacement for all our project without this functionality. 

Any feedback?

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is this App "Status View" 

https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/status-view

I have not seen it or used it as I have not been able to test it.

It does require additional budget.

James

• Ashraf Shalaby
    edited 01/27/17
    Options

Please add my vote to: "hide column feature"

• Tamara K
    Tamara K
    edited 01/30/17
    Options

Please add another vote to hide columns and rows to certain identified users. (I'm most interested in hiding rows, but it would be nice to have both options.)

This would be huge.

• Joshua Rose
    Options

Add my vote please +1.

• Ashraf Shalaby
    edited 02/20/17
    Options

I'm adding my vote to this.

• hollie
    Options

I just attended a webinar with smart sheet and asked about this, the demo person showed us that it was possible to share only selected columns on a sheet, but I'll be damned if I can see where that is now that I have my own sheet open. there's no live help - either via chat or tel support - I vote that they get this worked out.

• Qamera
    Options

This is an old thread but I have the same need as the original poster, but also understand the best practices. What I would like, then, is to have two separate sheets - one with the project data and the budgetary info, and another with just the project data - that do not require manual updating.  Suggestions?

• Duckminster
    Options

+1 for ability to manage column views per user please.

• John Meunier
    Options

Any update on the ability to hide columns from shared users on a sheet?

• Opeka
    Options

I was explaining my only complaint, with smartsheet, to someone on the plane the other day. She mentioned "masking" as a possible solution. She explained that this would be easier to code for vs restricting access to columns. Is this a feature we could add? Please!

• tylermh
    tylermh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

+1 for ability to manage column views per user please.

• joechap
    joechap ✭✭
    Options

It's 2018, +3 years since original request. Any news?

I have a sheet that I use to track workflow details of various projects.

I provide people outside the team summary information about overall status of these individual projects. Because I can't restrict these outside people to a subset of columns, I have to maintain an additional sheet and manually sync it with the other sheet. A major PITA. If I make a report of the sheet, they have to have View-access to the source sheet, minimum. And even the new cross-sheet VLOOKUP capability doesn't seem to help.

This discussion has been closed.