Formula help

Options

Hello! I am trying to do a formula for something called "fire drill" They are checkboxes. I was trying to monthly, quarterly and yearly. I know the formulas, but wasn't sure how to do it for a checkbox. Example of "fire drill" below. Any idea?

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ashdrap,

For checkboxes, in your formulas use 1 and 0 for checked and unchecked. You can also use "True" and "False" for their values.

All the best,

-Ray

• ashdrap
    ashdrap ✭✭
    Options

So any idea how to do this formula?

=IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 1, "January", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 2, "February", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 3, "March", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 4, "April", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 5, "May", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 6, "June", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 7, "July", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 8, "August", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 9, "September", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 10, "October", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 11, "November", IF(MONTH(Deadline@row) = 12, "December"))))))))))))

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ashdrap Can you describe your ultimate goal for the formula above and for the Fire Drill column. I think a little more clarity would help us assist you.

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• ashdrap
    ashdrap ✭✭
    Options

I was trying to get a formula that would count how many fire drill check boxes have been checked monthly, quarterly, but couldn't figure out the correct formula.

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi all,

I would create another sheet and put the months in one column. In the next column I would do a COUNTIFS formula to count how many check boxes are checked for each month. Then that whole table could be displayed on a dashboard or something.

Unless there's a little more to the story that is. The unparseable error in the monthly column, I assume that column should just be pulling in the month name based on the Deadline column somewhere else. The actual counting would be done on the other sheet or maybe in the Sheet Summary popout window.

Crossing my fingers I got this one right.😄

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!