Selecting columns for visualizing on dashboards

maltaee
maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Everyone,

I'm stuck in figuring out a way to visualize the below. I know it could be a simple workaround.

The current chart visualize the task name and the #. In the new chart, I would like to add a status. It's OK if I don't include the # but SS won't let me visualize them.

Thanks,

Tags:

Best Answer

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @maltaee Charting is a bit tricky in Smartsheet. The best solution I can suggest is, create summary fields in your sheet with the desired values. For example, you want to chart task name and status so create a summary field by name Status-Not Started that uses the formula - COUNTIFS([Status]:[Status], "Not Started") and you'll get your values in there. If you want a sum instead, use SUMIFS and so on.

You can now chart it out on your dashboard using the summary fields.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Ipshita Mukherjee

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @maltaee Charting is a bit tricky in Smartsheet. The best solution I can suggest is, create summary fields in your sheet with the desired values. For example, you want to chart task name and status so create a summary field by name Status-Not Started that uses the formula - COUNTIFS([Status]:[Status], "Not Started") and you'll get your values in there. If you want a sum instead, use SUMIFS and so on.

You can now chart it out on your dashboard using the summary fields.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Ipshita Mukherjee

• maltaee
    maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the tip.

I created a matrix and it is working now. I agree, it is a bit tricky.

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maltaee - I am glad it worked for you. Don't forget to hit the Awesome button to my answer :)

Cheers!!

Ipshita Mukherjee