Dynamic Description using other sheet data.

Is there any option to using dynamic description using {{Column Name}} like we using in Comments in Workflow alert and notification using curly brackets.

For Example: I have 40 to 50 Question in the form and I am keeping all question in separate sheet as question bank and linking question using index and match function. (Question bank is containing all question using question version and question number).

Is there any way to using this question as description in the form using index and match formula?

Awaiting your smart suggestion to make form dynamically flexible and which will help us to updates question dynamically.

Thanks and best regards.

Tags:

Best Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/14/23 Answer ✓

@Ibrahim Khaleel,

Forms do not allow for formulas to be executed on them.

A Form is an object belonging to a grid. You cannot access a second grid's data via that Form.

You also cannot reference column names with curly brackets on Forms. Forms are for creating new lines. Curly brackets would reference existing lines. Totally different scope for each.

All the best,

-Ray

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ibrahim Khaleel Unfortunately, I haven't seen any formula working for a form - it is generally used to grab data from resources like an update request.

You have to set up your sheet to have the questions you want and you may use labels/descriptions in the form to explain it better and you can upload the file consisting of questions you have in the form.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Ipshita Mukherjee

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/14/23 Answer ✓

@Ibrahim Khaleel,

Forms do not allow for formulas to be executed on them.

A Form is an object belonging to a grid. You cannot access a second grid's data via that Form.

You also cannot reference column names with curly brackets on Forms. Forms are for creating new lines. Curly brackets would reference existing lines. Totally different scope for each.

All the best,

-Ray

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ibrahim Khaleel Unfortunately, I haven't seen any formula working for a form - it is generally used to grab data from resources like an update request.

You have to set up your sheet to have the questions you want and you may use labels/descriptions in the form to explain it better and you can upload the file consisting of questions you have in the form.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Ibrahim Khaleel
    Ibrahim Khaleel ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for updates.