Automation when a status changes FROM a particular status to another particular one

I have a status column with dropdown values. I work for a health insurance company in credentialing. Every 3 years I have to ask the practitioner for a re-credentialing application. If they don't respond within a certain amount of time it gets escalated and another staff member gets involved.

We are tracking the status and the first 3 dropdown values are App requested, Escalation letter sent, App received. I am able to automatically notify the other staff member when the status changes to 'Escalation letter sent' so that they can get involved but I also want to notify them when the application is received so they don't continue to pester the provider, because the application might only get sent to me and the other staff member might not have been cc'd.

However, I don't want to notify the staff member when the status merely goes from App requested --> App received, because then they were never involved and I don't want to send them frivolous notifications. I ONLY want to send an automated email notification when it changes FROM Escalation letter sent --> App received. I tried using conditions but it didn't work. Is this possible?

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Deborah Kramer

One approach would be to add a helper column - a checkbox would do. Build a new automation (Change Cell Value) to check the box when your Status changes to Escalation Letter sent.

Then, you can use your App Received automation but include a Condition that verifies your checkbox column is checked.

Would this work for you?

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Deborah Kramer

One approach would be to add a helper column - a checkbox would do. Build a new automation (Change Cell Value) to check the box when your Status changes to Escalation Letter sent.

Then, you can use your App Received automation but include a Condition that verifies your checkbox column is checked.

Would this work for you?

Kelly

• YES! Thank you Kelly. I was hoping it would be more direct, but that works. I am trying to keep the grid as uncluttered as possible, so I hid the checkbox column and it still worked great. Thank you.