Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Strike through automatically applied to new entries

Allison Vess
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

In my sheet I have applied strike-through to two of my rows.   Now, when I receive new entries from a web form, all new entries are automatically showing in strike-through. I have NO conditional formatting applying strike-through font.    It's frustrating since I cannot read the new entries and I have to clear-out the strike-through every time I receive a new entry.

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Does the last row in your sheet have a strikethrough? If so, SmartSheets will automatically apply the formatting of the last row of the sheet. Consider adding an extra row to your sheet with a dash or something that doesn't have the formatting of the strikethrough. 

If not, try deleting all of the blank rows beneath your bottom-most row with data. Smartsheet will recreate 10 rows, but the formatting should return to normal. 

• Thanks Mike. Yes, the last row is in strike-through format. I will try as you suggested.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

While this does not apply to your use case (new row via WebForm), if you are adding new rows or populating a new row and the formatting gets carried over (like strike-through), don't panic. Hit Ctrl+Z and this will undo the formatting change of the new row(s), but not the content.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that tip Craig. 

• Hi,

A smartsheet was shared to me and I was given access to be the owner and admin of the said sheet. However some of the rows already have strikethrough. When I try to remove the strikethrough it couldn't be removed. Can you help me with this please?

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you checked to see if there is conditional formatting applied? There is an icon in the menu bar to check for conditional formatting. 

This discussion has been closed.