Decimal points on reports

Hello Community -

Is there a way to format reports so that it shows only 0, 1 or 2 decimal points v 3, 4 or 5? I am using a few reports on some dashboards, but the decimal places are a bit distracting and kind of an eye sore. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Answers

• ro.fei
    ro.fei ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Dawn_ATX

You can do this by formatting the sheet you're pulling the information from for the report. Select the cells or columns that contain the numbers you'd like to round & then use the following buttons to control how many decimals display:

The left button will reduce the number of decimals & the right button will increase them. Hope this helps! 😊

• Dawn_ATX
    Dawn_ATX ✭✭✭✭

Hi @ro.fei - this is on a REPORT, not a sheet. The sheet has all whole numbers, but the average function on the REPORT is the problem.

• ro.fei
    ro.fei ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dawn_ATX Apologies, I didn't realize you were talking solely about summary rows in reports. Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to change the decimals displayed in summary rows on reports.

A way I've found to work around this in the past is to create a separate metrics sheet & calculate the summary rows myself using formulas--then I pull the metric from the metrics sheet to display on my dashboard. That way you have the information in a sheet, giving you more control over the formatting.

If you're trying to calculate the average of a column, select the whole column in your sheet reference inside of the AVG function. Let me know if this works for you, I'm happy to provide more direction if you run into any issues 😊

• Dawn_ATX
    Dawn_ATX ✭✭✭✭

Hi @ro.fei - thanks for that. I ended up creating a bunch of sheets that I could modify the decimal places, which worked. It's just easier (and cleaner) to use reports, but using sheets is the workaround for now. Thanks!

• ro.fei
    ro.fei ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dawn_ATX Glad I could help! I'm hoping they let us format reports sometime in the future. I've submitted an idea on here for it, it just needs enough votes so hopefully they see it's something we want