Chart with multiple categories on axes

Is it possible to create a chart on the Smartsheet Dashboard that would include 3 criteria/categories? So for example on horizontal axis it would show quarters but than the vertical axis would be showing Team AND Priority? I tried Pivot option but not getting the intended results plus no charting.

Best Answer

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @k8oxtoby

I hear your frustration with charting and you are right that it's not possible to pull in three different values all at the same time and also represent your team and priority on a chart in Dashboard. We have all submitted idea requests for adding more capability to Smartsheet and I suggest you do the same :)

The alternative I can suggest is preparing your charts in excel or google sheets and using a web content widget to showcase the same on the dashboard if that helps and is approved by your organization.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @k8oxtoby,

not sure what exactly you want to show in your chart. So maybe you could draw a draft and post it here?

What should be counted, tasks according to their prio, combined for the teams? How many teams?

Greetings

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @k8oxtoby

I hear your frustration with charting and you are right that it's not possible to pull in three different values all at the same time and also represent your team and priority on a chart in Dashboard. We have all submitted idea requests for adding more capability to Smartsheet and I suggest you do the same :)

The alternative I can suggest is preparing your charts in excel or google sheets and using a web content widget to showcase the same on the dashboard if that helps and is approved by your organization.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee