@mentions not working from web content widget

I am using a published smartsheet on my dashboard using the web content widget to quickly update cells. The issue I am having is that when we try to @ mention shared users in conversations, there is not a suggested list of users as I would have inside of the link. I can type out the users email that shared to the sheet but the suggestions do not work. Is there any fix for this?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrew Taglauer

Accessing a sheet through a Published link means that you're accessing it as a user "outside" of the Smartsheet application. This does mean that the @mention feature won't pre-populate names as you type, since those contacts are based on the contacts available in your specific Account (e.g. members of your plan, people you have added to your contact list, users shared to the sheet, and so on).

You can still @mention someone by typing out the full email, as you've noted, but that user will need to be shared to the sheet to receive the notification. If you @mention an email that's not shared to the sheet, nothing will be sent.

Please feel free to explain your use-case and submit a feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrew Taglauer

Accessing a sheet through a Published link means that you're accessing it as a user "outside" of the Smartsheet application. This does mean that the @mention feature won't pre-populate names as you type, since those contacts are based on the contacts available in your specific Account (e.g. members of your plan, people you have added to your contact list, users shared to the sheet, and so on).

You can still @mention someone by typing out the full email, as you've noted, but that user will need to be shared to the sheet to receive the notification. If you @mention an email that's not shared to the sheet, nothing will be sent.

Please feel free to explain your use-case and submit a feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve