No public access to forms

I have a form that I want anyone to access, as long as they have the link. When I try to visit the link (while not signed into Smartsheet) I am routed to the login/signup page. I have double checked the settings and all seems right. Am I doing something wrong.

Jacque Smith

Project Controls, MSR-FSR

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jacquedale

I hope you're well and safe!

Check the account settings as well, so there are no constraints that don't allow you to share it publicly.

Was that the issue?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jacquedale

It's possible that those permissions set on the form are being overridden by an org-level restriction. If you're a System Admin for your Smartsheet org, you can fix this in the Admin Center. If you're not, check with your Smartsheet System Admin and see if they would be okay with changing this setting under Admin center -> Security & Controls -> Permissions.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• jacquedale
    jacquedale ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to get into the admin center, but I don't have a permissions listing specifically for "forms" as you shared. Here is what mine looks like.

Jacque Smith

Project Controls, MSR-FSR

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jacquedale OK, that makes sense if you're not on an Enterprise account.

"By default, all forms are anonymous and available to anyone with a link to the form. You can limit form access to people with a Smartsheet login or to people on your Smartsheet account via the safe sharing list."

Is it possible you have more than one form on that sheet, and the URL you're using goes to one with more strict access settings?

Otherwise, try saving the form as a duplicate and see if the duplicate has the same issue. Maybe something just a little messed up behind the scenes.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jacquedale The other thing I just thought of - Smartsheet could be trying to force you to log in since there's most likely a Smartsheet cookie in your browser.

Try going to the link in private/icognito mode, or using a different browser than you normally use. We use Chrome mostly, but I created a second profile in the Edge browser to use when I want to log in using a free collaborator account from outside my org for testing purposes.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman