I'm trying to calculate total cost of multiple criteria and receive the #unparseable.

I need to pull total cost savings that are within a specific quarter. In one sheet I have captured a column that has a dropdown lists Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 where each row shows the savings for that particular line item. I now need to capture total sum of cost savings within each quarter.

Best Answers

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @CrystalA

A copy of your starting formula would be helpful. Is the formula in the same sheet as the data, or is the data in a different sheet.

Assuming same sheet

=SUMIFS([cost savings column]:[cost savings column], [drop down column]:[drop down column], [dropdown column]@row)

If the data is in a different sheet:

=SUMIFS({cost savings column from source sheet}, {drop down column from source sheet}, [dropdown column]@row)

*In either formula, instead of [dropdown column]@row you can substitute the specific quarter designation using the abbreviation enclosed in double quotes. ex. "Q1"

will this work for you?

Kelly

• CrystalA
    CrystalA ✭✭

Hi Kelly, thank you for getting back. The formula I started off with is below. The data being pulled is in a different sheet. I tried the one you had captured and I still get the #UNPARSEABLE.

I'm needing to calculate what the cost savings would be for the timing column, grouping each quarter. If I could get the formula for Q1 then I can apply the same for the remaining quarters to track on a dashboard. Thank you for your help.

=SUMIFS({FY24 Global HR Ops HC Change Report Range 5}, {FY24 Global HR Ops HC Change Report Range 4}, "Q1"@row)

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer βœ“

Hi @CrystalA

The @row reference is if you're looking for a value in a cell. It looks like you just want to find "Q1" and have typed that into your formula. If so, then there's no need for @row!

Try this:

=SUMIFS({FY24 Global HR Ops HC Change Report Range 5}, {FY24 Global HR Ops HC Change Report Range 4}, "Q1")

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 πŸŽ‰
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• CrystalA
    CrystalA ✭✭
    Answer βœ“

That worked, thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!