Help with a formula to count how many projects with a brand have the status of "approved"

Options

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out how I can count the number of projects for a brand have a specific status out of the total projects for that brand. Also, I'm referencing a different sheet for these formulas.

I already have the formula to count how many projects are associated with a specific brand, but now I want to set up a way to keep track of how many of those are approved.

Each line in my sheet is for a different individual project and there are columns for the brand and the status (both using drop downs).

I'd really appreciate any help with this! Thanks in advance😊

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @mhollar, sounds like you were probably using a cross-sheet "COUNTIF" formula, and you just need to swap to a "COUNTIFS" -- google "countifs smartsheet" to get to the help page for a little reading, but it should be something like this:

=COUNTIFS({Projects}, Project@row, {Status}, "Approved")

I'm assuming that the sheet with the formula has a column with the project names, and I'm calling that column "Project". You can replace that reference with a specific project name. The {Status} just points to the status column, and I've specified that the status must be "Approved".

If this doesn't work, add a screenshot of the source and target page so we can get a better idea of what you're doing.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!