Auto-request update as long as checkbox as checked

We are using an intake form to submit projects and do not want to give access to the Intake Sheet to everyone. I'm looking for a way to allow someone to check a box indicating that the submission is in draft status and automatically send them an update request when the submit the form so that they can have access to update or add to the form at a later date.

Unfortunately the only way I can find to trigger the Update Request is through a change in a specific field.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try setting a date to send the update request. That might work for your situation. I have found that some triggers for the workflows to run, requires someone to hit save, so keep that in mind. Also, unless I am telling you wrong, you cannot update an item via the forms you can create and can only be done through update requests. If the form is used, it will just add a new entry.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @jsthomas00

Here is your solution to get update request for a checkbox - this automation will send the owner/assigned to an update request either on a specific date or on a weekly basis, to update the sheet wherever a checkbox is checked.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee