Display Same Text on Multiple Dashboards

Brittany S
edited 03/13/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have multiple dashboards with a "News & Updates" Rich Text widget. The text is the same on each dashboard but I don't want to update 5 dashboards every time there are updates. I tried to embed a source Word document, but that displays the Microsoft365 login instead of the actual news and updates. I couldn't find a way to embed a PDF version. My company doesn't pay for the advanced version of SS, just the basics. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/13/23

Hello @Brittany S

I can suggest an easy solution for you. Keep the newsletter section in one master sheet always updated, in the sense make all your changes in one sheet and then just copy and paste the whole widget over to all the other 4 dashboards. This might be a bit cumbersome, but I am hoping since you only have 5 dashboards and a basic plan of Smartsheet, this could work for you!

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Hi @Brittany S , You can use Metric widget on the dashboards and use a sheet to store the data and pull it from those cells in each of the dashboard. I am not sure if this is plan specific though...

• Using a SS master/source sheet worked. I almost got the exact same formatting. But I lost my Click Here links. I tried putting them in the source sheet, but that doesn't show in the widget. Any other thoughts?