Published Links - Viewer Access

Lisa Rossetti
Lisa Rossetti ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/14/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Published Link Access Control

Since our company no longer gives us access to select "Available to anyone with the link" which is the best option when publishing a link for staff members to view without users having to be added to the owner's account?

-Only available to users in the owner’s account. This will create a secure link that will require the user to log in to Smartsheet before being able to view the content on your sheet. Only users who have been added to your Smartsheet account will be able to view the content.

OR

-Only available to users who are shared to the item. This will create a secure link that will require the user to log in to Smartsheet before being able to view the content on your sheet. Only users who have been shared to the item will be able to access it, others will see an error page.

Answers

• Martha Hemingway
    Martha Hemingway ✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest then the first option of "only available to users in the owners account". It seems (assuming) that your company is securing your platform to restrict access to the information that is being kept in Smartsheet. The only concern I would raise is if the sharing this route would do anything from a contract/financial perspective as it might increase your # of collaborators (and potentially the # of licenses).

Are you allowed to publish as Read Only - HTML? This will bypass the need to specify access control, however, it will not allow the folks that are viewing the content to be able to download any attachments or or view any comments that are part of that sheet.

• Lisa Rossetti
    Lisa Rossetti ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, I will use the "only available to users in owners account".

Unfortunately, Read Only - HTML is not an option for us either