Email a Report to a list of email addresses created dynamically from a sheet

I have several reports that I would like to send out to people who do not have access to SmartSheet. I can go into the report and "Send as Attachment" and enter their names. But It would be easier to have a sheet with a list of emails in one column and "Send as Attachment" to that list of addresses. It would be even nicer if I could have this happen on a set time - weekly, etc. Again I know from within a report I can "Send as Attachment" and create a scheduled send. But again I want to draw from a list of emails.

The list of emails is not huge, but it is large enough and changes enough that I want to be able to have novice users add emails and delete emails from the list as needed as the recipients come and go from the organization.

Thanks

Jeff

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    edited 03/16/23

Hi @Jeff Kline,

A possible way of achieving what you intend would be to create a group with all addresses you are looking to share your Report with. This will give you the ability to continue updating the list from Group Management and yet have the Report recurrently sent as an attachment.

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• I have certainly considered that. I just prefer an option that is good for novice users and will be usable after I leave my current position. I will likely create groups and then export them to and import them for others and they can manage them manually.

Thanks

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi Jeff,

You also have the option to transfer group ownership to other users if someone else would need to take over this process. However, if having the option to periodically send Reports as attachments to a list of users in a sheet that you can update is something that you'd like to see added in the platform, when you have a moment, please submit your feature request to the Product team by signing in to the online Community (the Community uses your Smartsheet account to sign in) and create an Idea post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic

Cheers!

Julio