Tracking data, Turning it into percentages by dividing by static number and then creating graph

I want to be able to create a dashboard for each shift. I want to add each shift's percentage for each month and then get the average of that to represent a graph. Could someone point me in the right direction

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @McPhersonTim,

You may try with different versions of the following formula for each shift and month (by replacing 1 with 2 for February and the Percentage Columns for the Calculation corresponding to each shift as necessary:

=AVG(COLLECT([1st Percentage]2:[1st Percentage]23, Dates2:Dates23, MONTH(@cell) = 1)) 

See an example of how this could look like in your current sheet:

You would then use Month and 1st shift monthly % as the source columns to create your Charts. Due to the nature of Chart Widgets you may want to use a separate sheet to track these metrics but that will fully depend on your environment needs.

I hope that this can be of help

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @McPhersonTim,

You may try with different versions of the following formula for each shift and month (by replacing 1 with 2 for February and the Percentage Columns for the Calculation corresponding to each shift as necessary:

=AVG(COLLECT([1st Percentage]2:[1st Percentage]23, Dates2:Dates23, MONTH(@cell) = 1)) 

See an example of how this could look like in your current sheet:

You would then use Month and 1st shift monthly % as the source columns to create your Charts. Due to the nature of Chart Widgets you may want to use a separate sheet to track these metrics but that will fully depend on your environment needs.

I hope that this can be of help

Cheers!

Julio

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!