Countifs with multiple crieteria in same range

Options

Hi

I need to provide a report on the number of declines and tentative responses as one number to training invitations.

I have been able to set up a cross sheet formula that counts the number of acceptances but am struggling with the combined declines & tentative count.

Here is the formula that I'm using, the below formula works when only using one criteria in the response column (ie: just having the 'decline' option'):

'=COUNTIFS({Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 5}, "Training Session", {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 2}, "Declined", {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 2}, "Tentative", {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 3}, >=DATE(2023, 3, 13), {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 3}, <DATE(2023, 3, 10), {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 4}, "Organisation")

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

Answers

• J Tech
    J Tech ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Michelle McN

To count both "Declined" and "Tentative" responses, you can modify your formula to use the OR function in the criteria for the response column. Here's an example of how you can update the formula:

=COUNTIFS({Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 5}, "Training Session", OR({Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 2} = "Declined", {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 2} = "Tentative"), {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 3}, >=DATE(2023, 3, 13), {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 3}, <DATE(2023, 3, 10), {Training Sessions Registration and RSVPs Range 4}, "Organisation")

This will count the number of rows where the session is a "Training Session", and the response is either "Declined" or "Tentative", and the date is between March 10 and March 13, and the organization is "Organisation".

Regards

J Tech

If my response has helped you in any way or provided a solution to your problem, please consider supporting the community by marking it as Insightful, Vote Up, or Awesome. Additionally, you can mark it as the accepted answer, which will make it easier for others to find a solution or get help with a similar issue in the future. Your support is greatly appreciated!
  • Michelle McN
    Options

Thanks J Tech - this worked for me.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!