*HELP PLEASE* - Row count with two criterias...

Options

I am trying to build two summaries in one of my sheets and finding the formula for this has defeated me. :(

I need to know how many accounts in the Deal Yype column have "SC+" in the description, but I need a count for 2022 & 2023. So, how many SC+ account went live in 2022 and how many went live in 2023.

This is one of the many formulas I have tried...without success.

=COUNTIFS([Deal Type]:[Deal Type], CONTAINS("to SC+", @cell), [Go Live Date]:[Go Live Date], ISDATE("2023", @cell))

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Allison

The formula should be

=COUNTIFS([Deal Type]:[Deal Type], CONTAINS("to SC+", @cell), [Go Live Date]:[Go Live Date], YEAR(@cell)=2023)

the missing ending parenthesis could give you the error

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Allison C

Just a couple of small tweaks

The ISDATE() is looking to see if the date is a date, vs say a textstring. To limit to a Year, use the YEAR function

=COUNTIFS([Deal Type]:[Deal Type], CONTAINS("to SC+", @cell), [Go Live Date]:[Go Live Date], YEAR(@cell)=2023

Note that numbers are not enclosed in quotes unless you want them to behave as a text string.

Does this work for you

Kelly

• Allison C
    Allison C ✭✭✭
    Options

Kelly,

Thank you again for help with this!

I copied and pasted your formula and it worked perfectly, but then when I closed and opened my sheet up I am getting an "INVALID DATA TYPE". Nothing has changed in the cells, I recopied and pasted your formula (which makes perfect sense) and now it won't work.

Any idea on what could have changed?

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Allison C

I see I somehow lost my closing parenthesis for the formula. Did you add it back?

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Allison

The formula should be

=COUNTIFS([Deal Type]:[Deal Type], CONTAINS("to SC+", @cell), [Go Live Date]:[Go Live Date], YEAR(@cell)=2023)

the missing ending parenthesis could give you the error

• Allison C
    Allison C ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, that worked perfectly!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!