Glitches in Convo pane

Jake L
Jake L ✭✭
edited 03/21/23 in Formulas and Functions

When leaving a comment in the Conversations pane:

1. Sometimes when we write a comment and click ‘Enter’ to post it, it doesn’t post. Instead, it moves the selected cell to the row below.

i.    Our text in the comment pane remains as a draft.

ii.    Whatever text was in the primary column cell of that row just disappears. 

Can anyone help? Smartsheet support said they were too busy to answer my question, and closed my case.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jake L

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you elaborate?

Does it act the same for multiple people, and what devices do you see the issue on?

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jake L
    Jake L ✭✭

Hi Andree,

Yes it happens for multiple people in my organization. We use Google Chrome to run Smartsheet, and each of us have a Dell laptop. To elaborate: when I try to leave a comment in the Conversations pane of a row, I will type out my comment and press the 'Enter' key on my keyboard. Instead of posting the comment like it should, the comment remains as a draft, and whichever cell I have currently selected within the sheet, the selected cell moves to the row below (as if I had just clicked into a cell and pressed the enter key to move to the row below).

Additionally, the text in the cell in the row that I was leaving the comment for DISAPPEARS. I then have to right click the cell, go to "View Cell History", copy the text that use to be in the cell, and paste it into the cell to restore it. Lastly, in order to post the initial comment I was trying to leave in the initial row (which remains a draft at this point), I have to click back into said row and click the arrow button in order to actually post the comment.

Please let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!