2023: Powered by Purpose - a message from Smartsheet CMO Andrew Bennett

Options
Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 07/20/23 in Show & Tell

Hi there,

As you've heard us say, our mission at Smartsheet is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change.

Our Chief Marketing Officer, Andrew Bennett recently sat down to share his thoughts on how our purpose powers everything we do to amplify work that matters.

• Read Andrew's recent post, 2023: Powered by Purpose on empowering customers, reimagining sponsorships and doing good.
  • Then share in the comment below what you are striving for and working towards in 2023. 👇🏻

Right after I became CMO, I encountered the power of purpose in a major way. We had just signed a sponsorship with the McLaren Formula 1 team and during the signing process, Zak Brown, the CEO of McLaren Racing encouraged our team to be bold and push the limits of the sponsorship. We knew there was only so much that a company name and logo could accomplish. 

This is how our Sponsor X initiative came to life. At the Australian Grand Prix, we replaced our logo on the McLaren F1 cars with that of a local nonprofit, DeadlyScience. We took all the media and marketing support we would normally use to promote our company — from logo placement on the car to our web presence and social media posts — and directed it to the organization. Read more.

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Awesome post, @Arsineh!

...what you are striving for and working towards in 2023:

This year I want to re-identify my core passions and build in habits that keep these passions in the correct priority order of my day-to-day life (in & out of work). This includes being more involved in charities I already support, as well as focussing on the relationships that are directly in front of me (colleagues, friends, family...) and being intentional and consistent with those interactions.

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin
    Options

I am striving for balance this year, making space for all the things that fulfill me! (And then finding grace with myself when imbalance inevitably comes in from season to season).

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni
    Options

after pretty tough year 2022 and lessons learned taken from it. In 2023 I will be reshaping my career in order to benefit from past professional experience and finally do something that I love. After 14 years of being Project Manager I am definitely leaving my comfort zone ... which probably will be tough but as the smart people say comfort zone is an amazing place but nothing actually grows there.

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I am striving for and working towards making improvements to my Smartsheet solutions and documenting all of the steps along the way around what led me to create each solution in the first place but why it needs to live on (and continue to be improved upon) long after I retire. This means taking the time to map out each solution built for each of the many, many departments I support, fine tune my strategies for each solution, document the "why" behind each solution, and then make the necessary improvements in order to one day pass the "torch" on to someone else who steps into my role. It is important to me to not only being able to give back some time to each team member's day through the streamlining of processes but to continue to develop thoughtful, purposeful, lasting, and well-designed solutions that continue to empower my fellow co-workers and to amplify the work that impacts each department's goals and our school district's initiatives. Those of us who work in public education don't go in it for the money or fame but for the chance and opportunity to help children realize their dreams and know that they can achieve anything if they put their minds to it! Smartsheet has afforded me the opportunity to give back to both our district and our community by providing a platform which helps me to focus on what truly matters. They are amazing!

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin
    Options

So proud of both of you @kowal and @Deanna Vandermeer! You've got a whole team behind you here. 💕

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni
    Options

thanks @Alison Clancy well you know what my career reshaping is about :)

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm striving to bring more attention to the power of Smartsheets within our team and with others who use it. We've been playing with Smartsheet in an Agile environment for course design, and it's been nice to have.

• Jenn Hilber
    Jenn Hilber Overachievers Alumni
    Options

“More and more people want to align themselves with organizations that share their values.” Absolutely agree with this statement! Thanks for sharing @Arsineh.

In 2023, I’m focused on global collaboration through easy, scalable, consistent delivery for our colleagues and customers. However, my biggest priority is family and building on our family values and traditions!

Jenn Hilber

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennhilber/