Calculate a date based on contract end date and classification

Options

I want to calculate starting work on a contract renewal based on contract end and the supplier's classification.

If the Supplier's Classification is "strategic" I need the Start Renewal to begin 540 days prior to Current Contract End date

If the Supplier's Classification is "key" I need the Start Renewal to begin 360 days prior to Current Contract End date

If the Supplier's Classification is "transaction" I need the Start Renewal to begin 180 days prior to Current Contract End date

If the Supplier's Classification is "Mandated" or "NA" I need the Start Renewal to equal Current Contract End date

Thank you for any suggestions.

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Lisa Da Massa

Try this

=IF(ISDATE([Current Contract End Date]@row), IF(Classification@row = "Strategic", [Current Contract End Date]@row - 540, IF(Classification@row = "Key", [Current Contract End Date]@row - 360, IF(Classification@row = "Transaction", [Current Contract End Date]@row - 180, IF(OR(Classification@row = "Mandated", Classification@row = "NA"), [Current Contract End Date]@row)))))

Will it work for you?

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Lisa Da Massa

Try this

=IF(ISDATE([Current Contract End Date]@row), IF(Classification@row = "Strategic", [Current Contract End Date]@row - 540, IF(Classification@row = "Key", [Current Contract End Date]@row - 360, IF(Classification@row = "Transaction", [Current Contract End Date]@row - 180, IF(OR(Classification@row = "Mandated", Classification@row = "NA"), [Current Contract End Date]@row)))))

Will it work for you?

Kelly

• Lisa Da Massa
    Options

That's perfect! Thank you so much

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!