NEW! Dashboards Design Enhancements

Options

Comments

• EUngar
    EUngar ✭✭
    Options

Love the ability to add colors. I'm visual and it makes it much easier to color-code. Thank you!

• kcollins
    kcollins ✭✭✭
    Options

This is great. We would love to use "current user" in formulas so we could have charts/metrics that load for the current user (similar to reports).

• Cassi
    Cassi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is exciting! I am so excited to see the updates and use them with our daily systems!

• Kim Kimathi
    Options

I wish the width of the Dashboard would be dynamic. Too much space is wasted on the sides of the dashboard page that can be used to display reports and remove the limitations of the widgets. That enhancement would take less effort and cost than all these nice-to-have enhancements.

All in all, it is great to have improvements coming the dashboard way.

• Nimrod Notea
    Options

Looks good team!

Other than that, I'd like to see some steps towards adding more types of widgets to the dashboard or expanding on the capabilities of existing ones, like the chart widget. Also, I would like to see some love going into reports, especially the summary functionality. For example, it would be great if it could support not just getting KPIs out of a summary, but also do aggregates of the information under a group to the parent level. For example, if I would want to show as a summary in the parent level the status - for example, the earliest or latest status in a list (as commonly status would be a dropdown field, the order in which the different statuses appear in the column properties is what I'm referring to as earliest and latest), so the parent when collapsed may show insight over the group's status rather than having to expand and check it. Would also be great if there was a "date" support based on higher level time units, such as quarter and year. So for example, I could have a date column show the date as quarter and year rather than the exact date set in it, and could use reporting (as well as the dashboard) to show projects and their intended Q completion through a chart, and not having to resort to display it from a report.

• Frank B.
    Frank B. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I want to see your newest dashboard designs utilizing the new features! Inspire us! 🤩

• Marlana K.
    Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to see these enhancements! Thank you!

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare

• Katrina Walker
    Options

Thank you for the dahsboard changes to date, the background colour change makes out dashboards look more vibrant and we have different coluours for our different devices so now can have the background a lighter shade of the main colour which means all that use the dashboards know exactly what they are looking at.

Widget colours by widget would be great too.

Off to try the other changes now too!

• Dawn_ATX
    Dawn_ATX ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there anyway we can get a feature so we can create one dashboard and then be able to make a copy and hide elements of it so we can share it with customers without having to update the underlying sheets and reports? That would save a TON of time and manual effort.

• Peggy Parchert
    Peggy Parchert ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Love these changes!! Thank you!

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Love the update! Can't wait to see what comes next!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jason DelValle

Amazing updates! Thanks!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Julio Collado
    Options

It would be great if we could expand the dashboard to the sides so we could use all the screen

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excited to implement these changes, great job Smartsheet team!

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• Laurie Lalonde
    Options

Love these new enhancements and am always willing to try new things when building my dashboards. This gives a whole new set of options.