Best Way to Distribute an Audit

Hello!

I am trying to determine the best way to approach this project. I need to send an audit out to all of our offices country-wide. Of course, each office needs to complete the audit and then I'll review it. I have the Audit set up in a Smartsheet. I also have a tracking Smartsheet to track when I send it out, to whom I sent it to, when they return it, when it's closed, etc.

Do I have to create a Smartsheet for each office (i.e. Las Vegas Office Audit, Oakbrook Office Audit, etc. etc....) and send out each Smartsheet separately to be completed? I would hope I could send out a template of the audit once to every person who needs to fill it out - does that work? If so, how does that work? What happens when they receive it and fill it out? Does it force them to change the name of the template so that I will then have a separate one for each office? I hope this makes sense - trying to avoid having to create 40 audits and sending them out separately.

I did think about using a form, as I think that would be a great way to distribute it, but the reason I don't want to do that is because, if I am understanding forms correctly, they would not be able to go in and out of the same form multiple times. The audit is long and they may not be able to finish it in one sitting, so I don't think that's an option.

Thanks for any insights!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @TANYA BOWSER

I hope you're well and safe!

There are multiple ways to structure it.

• I recently developed a client solution for Audits where we used a main sheet with all the companies in combination with the Premium App, Dynamic View. The companies could fill everything in whenever they had time and select when they were done.
    • Another option could be to start with a form and then have automatic Update Requests sent until the audit is marked as completed. (You could also skip the form and use update requests for the whole process)
    • The third option could be the Premium App, WorkApps, and using the Current User feature so they only see what they have access to.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello Andree, thank you for your time in answering. I will check out all of your suggestions. I appreciate it!

Tanya

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@TANYA BOWSER

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.