SmartSheet Proofing of dozens of files

BStump
BStump ✭✭✭
edited 04/13/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to bulk submit a few dozen files for proofing? Typically, this would be PDF engineering drawings. I want to start doing this within SmartSheet, but don't want to do them one at a time.

Alternatively, can an automation be configured to copy the file for proofing and submit it to a group or group for review?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @BStump

Currently proofing in Smartsheet is limited to one proof per row. This does mean you'll need to upload each proof individually to your sheet.

In order to request proofing review, you'll need to add collaborators to the Proof from within the Proof window, see: Request review and approval

Please submit your feature requests to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community with an explanation of your current use-case and request. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

I would also recommend subscribing to the Release Notes page so you can be notified when there are new updates to Proofing in the future.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @BStump

Currently proofing in Smartsheet is limited to one proof per row. This does mean you'll need to upload each proof individually to your sheet.

In order to request proofing review, you'll need to add collaborators to the Proof from within the Proof window, see: Request review and approval

Please submit your feature requests to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community with an explanation of your current use-case and request. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

I would also recommend subscribing to the Release Notes page so you can be notified when there are new updates to Proofing in the future.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• PDunn
    PDunn ✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. I have been submitting improvement ideas for proofing in your Smartsheet Product Feedback form for 3 years and nothing has changed. Will the tool ever be improved to fit the needs of your customers that keep coming to this platform for assistance to only find out the system doesn't work that way :(