• etc....
15 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/19/24
    Options

It seems conditional formatting does not show in automated alerts and emails. I would be fantastic if this could be considered.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Alex77
    Alex77 ✭✭✭
    edited 05/08/24
    Options

I agree. A few years back I believe that conditional formatting did translate over to automated alerts and emails. Seems like it doesn't anymore, which is frustrating. I agree that this would be helpful to have again.

• Luke L
    Luke L ✭✭
    edited 05/08/24
    Options

Adding a more recent thumbsup to this one! Being able to format the contents of the email in an update automation would be fantastic as opposed to making an update automation based on each type of submission. Also, while I'm at it, it would be REALLY helpful if while filling out the subject or the body of an email in the automation, if I could just select from a list of fields to inject, rather than having to manually type in '{{' and then guess what I called the field I want to reference.

The default text is handy but useless in terms of reminding myself or 'automating' the insertion of the field I want to reference.

• Paula_
    Paula_ ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I love the automation opportunities with Smartsheet, but as I have seen some previous commentary/questions about being able to actually format how the emails look more would be a HUGE help. Some of these we would like to go to various leaders and without being able to customize more or even build a more corporate style templated email is a hinderance to it's full utilization. Often times we want to pull in data from a sheet, but not link to the sheet itself, but have very limited ways to do that. Even some initial basics of paragraph layout/spacing, text bolding or link formatting, color of text etc. would be a big step forward.