Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

FAQs and Guidelines for posting Product Feedback Ideas

Options
Genevieve P.
Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Community,

Welcome to the Product Feedback and Ideas space where you can help shape the future of Smartsheet! We really appreciate your feedback and will take all posts into consideration. Our product team will review top ideas and requests monthly and we'll share updates as soon as we get them. 

Remember: if you have a question about the product or are experiencing issues, post your question in a Support topic or check our Status page

By submitting an idea, you agree that Smartsheet will have a perpetual right to use and incorporate any feedback or suggestions without any obligation of compensation.

Here are some FAQs and guidelines for how to submit your ideas in the most effective way: 

Guidelines for submitting your ideas

💡 New idea: before you post, make sure that the idea has not already been created.

💡One idea per post: each idea will need to be an individual request so we can be clear about the status. Posts with multiple ideas will either be paired down by the Moderation team or removed. Instead, please create multiple posts: one for each idea.

💡Clear title: make sure the title is specific to your one idea for that post. 

💡 Tag your post: apply a relevant tag to help classify your feedback. 

💡 Add details about your use case: add as many details as possible, including images and stories. Here are some questions you can answer as you craft your post: 

• What problem are you trying to solve? 
  • What is your use case? (Describe a scenario or story.)
  • What is your ideal solution?

NOTE: Vague ideas or posts with "thin content" will be changed to discussions and removed from the ideation space.  

Commenting on current ideas

We would love to hear your additional feedback on a current post! Please add your own story and context to help give us a better picture of your specific use case. 

• Why do you agree? 
  • Why do you disagree? 
  • Do you have a different solution? 

Frequently asked questions

1. Do I need to sign in to participate?

Anyone can view ideas, but if you want to post, vote for, or comment on ideas, you must be signed in to the Smartsheet Community.

2 . How do I search existing Ideas?

Search for your keyword or phrase, then filter by the Smartsheet Product Feedback & Ideas Category on the left hand menu.

3. Can I get notifications from ideas I've voted on?

Yes! Once you have voted on an idea you will receive email notifications if the status is updated. 

NOTE: You can change your email notification preferences from your Community Profile

4. How do I post an Idea?

🔎 Before you post something new, always search to see if your idea already exists. 

• If a similar idea exists, add your vote to the idea to show your support.
  • If it doesn’t exist yet, click New Idea. If you are on the Community home page, click New Post then New Idea

5. Where can I see all of my past Ideas?

You can check out all of your past posts in your Community Profile (in the top right corner).

• Under Discussions you'll see all your top-level discussions, questions, and idea posts.
  • Under Comments you'll see any of your comments in the Community, including comments on idea posts.

6. What are the Idea status options and what do they mean?

• Idea Submitted - The default status when any new idea has been submitted.
  • Available Now! - This feature is available!
  • Coming Soon! - Stay tuned; this feature should be released within the next few months.
  • On Roadmap - While we can't yet provide a timeframe for release, this is in our future plans.
  • On Wishlist - This idea is not part of our current plan, but we love it and will look into it further.  
  • On Radar - This idea is not part of our current plan, but we appreciate you sharing it. We'll keep an eye out for more context, feedback, and upvotes. 

As a reminder, all members are expected to follow the Community Guidelines when posting in the Community.

We look forward to hearing all of your great ideas! 

Comments

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

Is this Product Feedback Ideas the preferred method for requesting enhancements now, or should we continue to use the Enhancement Request Form? Or both?

Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Tim Starkey

Great question! You're welcome to use either-or. The Enhancement Form you've linked is still active and available for you to submit your ideas directly to the Product team.

Personally, I'm partial to using the Idea space in the Community as it allows other members to see your idea and join in with their votes. You can also keep track of your previous submissions, and you'll receive a notification if the Product team updates a status on an Idea you've either created or voted on.

That said, if you would prefer that your feedback remain a bit more private, you're still welcome to use the form. Content submitted from either option goes to the same place.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks! I agree... and prefer the Idea space... I just didn't know if one had priority over the other... sounds like no.

• Will.Parente
    Will.Parente ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where is the explanation of the filterable tags? Trying to understand the dileneation between "on wishlist" vs "on radar" for example.

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. - For feedback that was previously submitted via the form method, are there any plans to expose those feedback items in this forum, or should we re-submit those items here?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @Will.Parente

Thanks for the question - I've updated the FAQs above to provide a brief description on each status:

5. What are the Idea status options and what do they mean?

• Idea Submitted - The default status when any new idea has been submitted.
    • Available Now! - This feature is available!
    • Coming Soon! - Stay tuned; this feature should be released within the next few months.
    • On Roadmap - While we can't yet provide a timeframe for release, this is in our future plans.
    • On Wishlist - This idea is not part of our current plan, but we love it and will look into it further.  
    • On Radar - This idea is not part of our current plan, but we appreciate you sharing it. We'll keep an eye out for more context, feedback, and upvotes. 
  • Genevieve P.
    Options

Hey @Scott Peters

The Enhancement Request form is still active and available to use if you'd prefer to submit content privately to the Product team. Both channels, the form and Community, pull the content into the same place for the Product team so it's reviewed either way.

Feedback submitted through the private form won't show up here in the Community, no. If you'd like to crowd-source and create a space for other members to add their voice and explain their scenario, please do create a new Idea post here! (If they don't exist already).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• jderousselle
    Options

Hey hey, I am new here but I like the idea of this as a shared idea space where we can create ideas or help support great ideas that are already out that which I image I'll be doing most of the time while getting started.

James Euless Derousselle

Mgr, Salesforce & System Intergration

National Board for Professional Teaching Standards

• PMO IOS
    PMO IOS
    edited 02/28/24
    Options

Other technical partners allow admins to upvote requests on behalf of their entire organization (ie. our account owner's vote would count for the 70+ members of our Smartsheet account). Has anyone seen a similar feature in the Smartsheet request space, or will we always need to ask that everyone take the time to upvote this individually?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @PMO IOS

Currently the Smartsheet Community does not identify users by organization or position to be able to give "weight" to a vote if the member is an admin. The Ideas log one vote per member.

If a request is important to all members of your plan, I would suggest sending around the Idea link and ask them to vote on it as well. That way all of you will receive an email update if the status changes!

Cheers,

Genevieve