Sheet Export to Excel has 1 Blank Row in the middle

Hi there,

I'm stumped on this one. I have a basic Sheet with 1944 rows. There are no blank rows. When I do a basic export to excel, one blank row gets inserted at row 1758 of the excel file. The excel file has 1946 rows (1 is blank and 1 is the header) so no info is missing. I can't see anything in the smartsheet rows that would be causing a blank. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

It's easy enough to go into the Excel file each time and remove a row, but it's broken my automations (sort and filter in excel breaks due the blank row).

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Ryan Levitz

Is it possible that there is indeed a blank row in your Smartsheet sheet at row 1756? I would try applying a filter to the Sheet if a specific cell is blank to see what comes up.

I will note that the fact that the row doesn't have a Date from your System column is very odd - it means this row doesn't have any data at all.

Once you apply a filter to show all blank rows, I'd suggest deleting the first 5 rows in case one of them is in the middle of your other data. Then try exporting again!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Ryan Levitz

Is it possible that there is indeed a blank row in your Smartsheet sheet at row 1756? I would try applying a filter to the Sheet if a specific cell is blank to see what comes up.

I will note that the fact that the row doesn't have a Date from your System column is very odd - it means this row doesn't have any data at all.

Once you apply a filter to show all blank rows, I'd suggest deleting the first 5 rows in case one of them is in the middle of your other data. Then try exporting again!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Very strange. Filtering for blanks showed 10 rows, 1952-1961. I deleted the first 5 of those. Exported it and it all looks great. I appreciate the help!

• No problem! This was definitely a strange one