Where is Pro Desk Purchase Link?

I've just had a week-long and terribly frustrating experience attempting to get help from the "Support Portal." So I upgraded to a Business Plan. On the SS pricing page, both ProDesk and 24/7 Global Support are offered as add-on to this plan. However, there is no link to be able to actually purchase support. Also, on my account>plan page, there are no direct support options and no ability to purchase the add-on. The Why is this so difficult? I've used SS for almost 8 years, all my sheets have disappeared and have already wasted a week and $800 to no avail.

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/18/23 Answer ✓

Hi @Melydia Clewell

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's the link.

To purchase Pro Desk sessions, contact your sales representative directly or reach out to our Sales Team for more information.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Melydia Clewell
    Answer ✓
  • Melydia Clewell
    Answer ✓

No, I'm using the same email address. I understand support folks deal with people of all experience levels but I need real help -- this is not a user error and can't be fixed by basic troubleshooting. I signed on last week and all of my sheets and all workspaces are gone, except for seven sheets that were already in trash. Doesn't matter what browser I'm using. They aren't showing up on my iphone app, either. Poof. I had to file an extension on my business quarterly report to the IRS because I do not have my sheets. I filed a support ticket eight days ago. It took four days to get an initial reply. I was given troubleshooting tips which I had already tried (and had detailed those in my original complaint). I tried to clarify the problem with another email. Two days later (today) I received an email detailing how to remove sheets from the trash. I don't need the sheets in the trash. i need all of my active sheets. So, I upgraded to a business account, although there is only one of me, just to be able to access an opportunity to add ProDesk. I had to wait for a sales member to call me. That person set up a call with another "account executive." I spoke to that person 10 minutes ago. I'd read your reply here and told him I don't need ProDesk, I specifically need help with what, for me, is a catastrophic issue. He told me ProDesk will do the troubleshooting for me. So I'm paying another $98 and am waiting on another email from him with specific information. That brings my total to $998 (and eight lost days of service) just to attempt to retrieve what should already be in my account. But I appreciate you for taking the time to reply.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 04/18/23 Answer ✓

Hi @Melydia Clewell

Yes, when an account changes to free, you'll have read-only access for up to 30 days before the sheets are fully deleted.

Pro Desk is an incredibly helpful coaching tool when you want to ask advice from a Smartsheet expert and I highly recommend it, however troubleshooting issues such as this is best done through Support directly as they'll be able to research back-end issues.

If you created the Teams account from a different email address, are you able to still log in using that other email? This should give you access to the account to see if the items are in your deleted folder or not.

If you're still not seeing any files in this other account, it would be helpful for the Support team to know about any other email address you have used in the past. I would suggest having that other email respond to them directly in the same ticket you have open so they can verify that you are the owner of the previous Teams account and can help look for your sheets.

Please also do provide feedback on the Help Article about account cancellations if the 30-day read-only period was unclear!

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Melydia Clewell

If you were removed from the other plan, then any of your sheets and items may have been transferred to another user in that plan at the time of removal. A System Admin will usually select someone to transfer your owned items to, see: Admin Center: Add, edit, or deactivate users.

In this instance, if you were still shared on those items they would appear for you until that other user no longer has access (such as if their plan then finished and turned into a free plan, moving all the sheets to read-only in the trash folder).

I agree that a Pro Desk session would not be able to help in this scenario: the sessions are to help coach and guide you on how to use Smartsheet versus troubleshooting issues. For Support issues you'll want to keep working with the Support team. If you're looking to be able to call Support, you can ask your representative about adding Standard Support to your current plan (see here: Overview of Smartsheet support hours and resources).

If it's been more than 30 days since a plan changed to free, the files may be permanently deleted and all record of them gone from the Smartsheet system, meaning even Support wouldn't be able to find them.

However if you have the URL or sheet name of the sheet (URL is best, for example if you had any notifications that came to your email with the link), Support would be able to definitively tell you if it exists or not. I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Melydia Clewell
    Answer ✓

Thank you, again, for your help. I appreciate all you’ve shared with me.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/18/23 Answer ✓

Hi @Melydia Clewell

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's the link.

To purchase Pro Desk sessions, contact your sales representative directly or reach out to our Sales Team for more information.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Melydia Clewell
    Answer ✓
  • Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Melydia Clewell

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Hi @Melydia Clewell

I'm glad @Andrée Starå could help you with the link to Sales and Pro Desk. 🙂

Just as a note, Pro Desk sessions are 30-minute coaching sessions to help you achieve your goals while using the product, but they aren't troubleshooting sessions. If you're experiencing technincal issues, this should go through the Support Portal, as you've noted.

It sounds like you're having trouble accessing some sheets after changing plans, is that correct? If so, is it possible that you may have used a different email address for the different plans (resulting in different access to Smartsheet items)?

If there's anything the Community can help you with, please let us know!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Melydia Clewell
    Answer ✓

No, I'm using the same email address. I understand support folks deal with people of all experience levels but I need real help -- this is not a user error and can't be fixed by basic troubleshooting. I signed on last week and all of my sheets and all workspaces are gone, except for seven sheets that were already in trash. Doesn't matter what browser I'm using. They aren't showing up on my iphone app, either. Poof. I had to file an extension on my business quarterly report to the IRS because I do not have my sheets. I filed a support ticket eight days ago. It took four days to get an initial reply. I was given troubleshooting tips which I had already tried (and had detailed those in my original complaint). I tried to clarify the problem with another email. Two days later (today) I received an email detailing how to remove sheets from the trash. I don't need the sheets in the trash. i need all of my active sheets. So, I upgraded to a business account, although there is only one of me, just to be able to access an opportunity to add ProDesk. I had to wait for a sales member to call me. That person set up a call with another "account executive." I spoke to that person 10 minutes ago. I'd read your reply here and told him I don't need ProDesk, I specifically need help with what, for me, is a catastrophic issue. He told me ProDesk will do the troubleshooting for me. So I'm paying another $98 and am waiting on another email from him with specific information. That brings my total to $998 (and eight lost days of service) just to attempt to retrieve what should already be in my account. But I appreciate you for taking the time to reply.

• Hi @Melydia Clewell

Thank you for providing this additional detail! Purchasing Standard or Pro Support will provide you with the ability to phone Support, see: Overview of Smartsheet support hours and resources

However if your account had sheets that were deleted more than 30 days ago, Support may not be able to recover them. Here's more information: Recover a Deleted Sheet

The only time I have personally seen sheets disappear in the manner you're describing is when two accounts are being used. For example, one as a Licensed account that created and owned the sheets and one as a free collaborator that edited the sheets. In this instance, if the Licensed account on the Teams plan had the plan cancelled (see here), all of those sheets would be moved to the deleted folder of the owner's account. This would make them disappear from the second, collaborator account as well.

In this instance, upgrading the collaborator account would not recover the sheets. Is there any possibility you may have a second email address that owned the sheets, even if you were working from your current email to access them?

Please do continue to follow-up with Support. As long as it has been less than 30 days since the original subscription ended, they will be able to help you gain access to those sheets.

Thank you,

Genevieve

• Yes, this seems to be the issue. I am the one who created the Pro Teams account (actually I upgraded from a basic account). When I let the subscription lapse I was told I would still have read-only access to the sheets I created. FYI, the account executive has now informed me that ProDesk cannot help me. I should’ve come here and found you first! He says he has someone working on the issue. I appreciate your help. 

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 04/18/23 Answer ✓

Hi @Melydia Clewell

Yes, when an account changes to free, you'll have read-only access for up to 30 days before the sheets are fully deleted.

Pro Desk is an incredibly helpful coaching tool when you want to ask advice from a Smartsheet expert and I highly recommend it, however troubleshooting issues such as this is best done through Support directly as they'll be able to research back-end issues.

If you created the Teams account from a different email address, are you able to still log in using that other email? This should give you access to the account to see if the items are in your deleted folder or not.

If you're still not seeing any files in this other account, it would be helpful for the Support team to know about any other email address you have used in the past. I would suggest having that other email respond to them directly in the same ticket you have open so they can verify that you are the owner of the previous Teams account and can help look for your sheets.

Please also do provide feedback on the Help Article about account cancellations if the 30-day read-only period was unclear!

Thanks,

Genevieve

• I subscribed to Pro Teams with the same email I have now. I did add a second email but that account doesn't have any sheets showing, either. So, I never had access to the sheets as read-only on either account.

• @Genevieve P., I read through the link you sent with the support options and would like to purchase a plan. Daniel told me he isn't sure that's what I need and hasn't sent anything for me to be able to actually purchase it. As it's going now, I'm not getting anywhere with the email exchange with support. I appreciate your previous help and would be grateful for any pointers you can give me. The sheets I'm most concerned about recovering are from two time frames: Sheets I created this month, seven months after I left the Pro Team I created. The other sheets of importance were created by me using my current email circa 2015-2016 prior to purchasing a Pro Team plan. After I had our admin create the Pro Team account in 2016, I shared my sheets with the team.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Melydia Clewell

If you were removed from the other plan, then any of your sheets and items may have been transferred to another user in that plan at the time of removal. A System Admin will usually select someone to transfer your owned items to, see: Admin Center: Add, edit, or deactivate users.

In this instance, if you were still shared on those items they would appear for you until that other user no longer has access (such as if their plan then finished and turned into a free plan, moving all the sheets to read-only in the trash folder).

I agree that a Pro Desk session would not be able to help in this scenario: the sessions are to help coach and guide you on how to use Smartsheet versus troubleshooting issues. For Support issues you'll want to keep working with the Support team. If you're looking to be able to call Support, you can ask your representative about adding Standard Support to your current plan (see here: Overview of Smartsheet support hours and resources).

If it's been more than 30 days since a plan changed to free, the files may be permanently deleted and all record of them gone from the Smartsheet system, meaning even Support wouldn't be able to find them.

However if you have the URL or sheet name of the sheet (URL is best, for example if you had any notifications that came to your email with the link), Support would be able to definitively tell you if it exists or not. I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Melydia Clewell
    Answer ✓

Thank you, again, for your help. I appreciate all you’ve shared with me.

• Hi, @Genevieve P. I spoke with the current admin of the Pro Team I created and he does not have any of the sheets I owned in 2015-2016 prior to the creation of the Pro Team. He also does not have any of the sheets I created after I left the Pro Team on Sept 1, 2022. The Pro Team expired two weeks ago. I've been diligently begging (annoying) Support to help in light of the limited 30 day window sheets are available. Two weeks have passed. In that time period I've sent nine emails to Support. Most of the feedback from them centers around who controls the Pro Team account and what happens with Pro Team sheets. That should not impact the sheets I created both prior to and following my membership in the Pro Team. Is there anything that can be done to ensure these sheets are not permanently deleted before someone is able to retrieve them?

• Hi @Melydia Clewell

My apologies for the delayed response. Unfortunately if Support is unable to find the sheets you're talking about from the email address you've provided, then this data may have already been permanently deleted and would be inaccessible for Support as well. I hope you've been able to find the data you needed!

Cheers,

Genevieve