Formula for calculating Current Date/Status and Expected end date

I am trying to get my Status Column to be the following colours below based on the criteria.

Grey = Status is “Not Started”

Yellow = Status = “In Progress” and current date is less than expected finish date

Red = Status = “In Progress” and current date is greater than expected finish date

Green = Status = “Completed

Any ideas of what this formula would look like, I have been trying to get this to work but it is not picking up the expected finish date.

For the current date I am using the "today" formula so it is consistantly updated.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Answers

• Khasim
    Khasim ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Roshni Verappan

Try something like this

=IF(status="Not Started", "Grey", IF(AND(status="In Progress", Current Date<Expected Date),"Yellow", IF(AND(status="In Progress", Current Date>Expected Date),"Red", IF(status="Completed", "Green")))

Thanks & Regards

Khasim

SSPM Consultants

Email ID: info@sspmconsultants.com

Did I answer to your question or fix the problem? Please help the Smartsheet Community by voting it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome, or/and Accepted Answer. It will make it easy for others to discover a solution or help in answering!

• Roshni Verappan
    Roshni Verappan ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Khasim that formula worked but only for the 'Not Started' I am thinking I might need to add the OR or And function for it to work for the other conditions.

This is a great start for me to get it working.

thank you

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!