Construction Punchlist

Options

I am looking for a best practice when generating and maintaining a construction punchlist.

Example workflow: you walk into a room, ideally with a Smartsheet form up and ready, specify the floor you're on, room you're in and then add a list of each item that needs attention/correction. Each item would be assigned to a specific team member. When you're finished with that room, submit the form and do it all over again with the next room/area. Once complete with all rooms and you've generated a full punchlist of a property, send a list to each team member with the items assigned to them. Each item would also include any photos of that item if applicable.

I'm not seeing an easy way to do this. Am I limiting myself by the desire to use a form to collect all of this data?

If the data is on multiple rows I can utilize the Update Request feature. If the data is on one row (how it would come in from a form) I don't think I'd be able to utilize an update request feature. correct?

Tags:

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jennifer Z

For the information to all be in one form, you would need to configure fields that would list out the total possible number of rooms that are available, and then list them in either drop downs or multiselect (for uniformity) that would be room 1 floor, room 1 issue, room 1 assignee, etc. Depending on the number of rooms in a property that could get intense. You may want to add in a property identifier, and then have multiple form submissions for each property. For the full properly punchlist, I would utilize the reporting feature to match the property identifier to pull in all for a specific location. Attachments would pull in here for images. The team members would be able to be notified on workflows for anything newly assigned to them, which would be true for if the items are all on 1 line or on multiple, you would be able to send over the columns that apply to that user as part of the request.

If there are correlations, such as all bathroom modifications need to go to Paul the Plumber, then you would be able to do that with logic formulas, to help reduce the manual entry.

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• JennS_
    JennS_ ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been trying to do this (in an easy way) since I started using smartsheet and i have to say its been disappointing that there is not a solution for this. We are using a form submission for an inspection/punchlist with 100+ columns/form entries. There is no easy way to 'collect' all the FAILED items (for example below) in one view because you cannot filter a column. I have tried a report, but I still have to add a condition/filter for every column (again 100+) which is insane and it still shows all the items in that row, not just a cell that has a FAILED item. I have struggled with this that I am tempted to go back to using google docs. If there is something I am not thinking of please share. Maybe there is a metric sheet that can be created where it looks up any failed items and pulls them into another sheet?