Column for Row Hyperlink

Options

I'm struggling to think of a way to automatically populate a column in each row with that row's hyperlink (as a way of including the hyperlink to the row in some reports that are going out). Is there anything I'm missing in terms of automation or formulas that would be easier than copy/pasting the hyperlink every time a row is created?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Marc Shecter
    Marc Shecter ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree that this is needed @Brandon29. The url for a row is in the system. It can be surfaced via the row-level properties option and the API, but not as a column as you suggest or as part of the Data that can be offloaded with Data Shuttle.

To me, it's a piece of data that one is shown, but really can't make use of unless one is a programmer able to work with the API. For reference, here's my enhancement request (specific to Data Shuttle) that parallels your ask.

Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do not believe it is possible to do a formula or automation for a hyperlink unless an enhancement I am unaware of has occurred since last year. You can make it do the link or the words of the hyperlink but not the actual hyperlink.

• Brandon29
    Brandon29 ✭✭✭
    Options

How would you suggest automating just the link? It wouldn't be crucial that the column contain the actual web address as long as the user could click the link and get to that row in the sheet.

• Marc Shecter
    Marc Shecter ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree that this is needed @Brandon29. The url for a row is in the system. It can be surfaced via the row-level properties option and the API, but not as a column as you suggest or as part of the Data that can be offloaded with Data Shuttle.

To me, it's a piece of data that one is shown, but really can't make use of unless one is a programmer able to work with the API. For reference, here's my enhancement request (specific to Data Shuttle) that parallels your ask.