Send Update Request- Add sheet name?

Hello,

I am using the send update request automation. However, it does not show the sheet name. Besides renaming the email subject, is there a way to add this? I noticed my automated reminders automatically include the sheet name. (see below).

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ecarrero

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a so-called helper column and a formula showing the sheet name and then convert it to a column formula, so it's included on all rows and in the update request.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ecarrero
    ecarrero ✭✭
    edited 05/09/23

Thanks, I was able to make it work for 1 cell but when trying to apply it as a column formula, the column formulas would error out. "The column formula syntax isn't quite right, see our help article."

=Task1

NOTE: Column formulas cannot refer to cells or ranges with specific row numbers such as with absolute references, specific cell references, or partial-column ranges. Use @row, column references, and cross sheet references instead.

When trying to use the example =[Task]:[Task] I keep getting an unparseable error.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ecarrero

Happy to help!

Try something like this. (Change the name to reflect your sheet name)

="Sheet Name"

You could also add a field in the Sheet Summary and reference it in the formula instead. This is especially useful when you have a template you reuse.

Did it work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks, it did help. The only limitation is that free users can't change the sheet name since it's a formula. I am creating a template. Any workaround for this?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ecarrero

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

You could add the name to a sheet summary field and reference it in the column instead.

Make sense?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!