Milestones on active project report

Options

Hello, using the Active Projects report in PMO Template Portfolio view... Is there any way to get milestones to show on the Gantt timeline? I know you can drill down and get milestones report, put it in a separate project level view, etc. but wanted to know if there was a way to show the milestone diamonds on the rollup report - as indicated in red on attached image. Thanks...

Tags:

Answers

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Steve_Mitchell - If I read your question right, you are wanting to reveal milestones that have a singular date reflect as an icon ON TOP of the gantt bar so it displays as a single row... as opposed to showing in it's own row, like this, correct? (here's Smartsheet current state)

If so, you're describing a new portfolio management tool that Smartsheet teased at Engage last September. They talked about releasing it by end of Smartsheet's fiscal year, but I have not heard any new news about it

• Steve_Mitchell
    Steve_Mitchell ✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/03/23
    Options

Hi @Scott Peters,

Thanks for the reply - but no, not exactly. I believe you're showing at the project plan level which is fine. What I was referring to is in the PMO Template pack in the Portfolio View there is an Active Projects report which is then put in the dashboard. SO in reality I guess it needs to display that way in the Active Projects report. It shows as in my photo above. What I was after is to show the milestones at the portfolio level on the individual project lines in active projects. Right now you have to go to individual project dashboard to see milestones. Hope that makes more sense. Thanks...

Edit: I'm assuming if it were possible it would be a setting in Project Settings >Timeline Display then maybe a Show milestones checkbox.

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Steve_Mitchell - I downloaded that template pack to review how they built that dashboard widget, and it does go back to their standard gantt of the source sheet, which currently does not allow you to have additional date columns AND apply those dates as a milestone icon in the same gantt row. This is a great idea, though. I suggest you submit a Smartsheet Enhancement Request

• Steve_Mitchell
    Steve_Mitchell ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, thanks Scott.

• Gabo Flocco
    Options

How are you, @Steve_Mitchell? I recently had the same trouble. I had misconfigured the Dependence settings.

You have to set in the "Project configuration" in the little gear of the right-up corner of the Gantt, the "initial date" and the "End Date" with the dates of the milestones you want to show.

Hope this work!