Control Center Limitations: Profile Cell Link Limit

Does anyone know how the cell link limit is assessed for Control Center? The site implies that the maximum number of links is 200,000 from a combination of inbound and outbound links (Max Links = 200,000 = Inbound + Outbound). My build is on track to use ~125,000 outbound links.

From SS's website:

"The number of projects supported by a single blueprint is based on the number of profile data fields in your Intake Sheet and is bounded by the following limits: 500,000 max cells, 20,000 max rows, 400 max columns, and 200,000 max inbound and outbound cell links with up to 10,000 outbound destination grids." source: URL

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Erik Haglund,

As you point out, Control Center takes into account the sheet limitations of a maximum of 200,000 links between inbound and outbound. As such we cannot recommend exceeding any of these limits in any sheet.

In the article about Control Center limitations we strongly encourage the enforcement of an Archiving system in conjunction with your Control Center solution to allow you freeing up space when any of the limitations are approached.

If you believe you'd need to have a conversation about what could fit your needs best, may I recommend that you speak with your account representative? They should be able to point you to the best resources needed for your solution.

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• Julio, thanks for the reply, however this is not answering the question.

My question could be restated: what is the MAX link limit for outbound links? Ignore the 200k, I’m trying to understand the breakdown

I understand there is a hard limit that cannot be exceeded. Elsewhere in CC there is a 100k incoming link limit for summary sheets. This suggests that 100k is a max limit for 1-direction links (e.g. outbound), which then suggests that the 200k limit is better stated as: 100k max inbound + 100k max outbound.

is that an accurate reflection of the SS link limits?

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Erik Haglund,

Thanks for clarifying!

You are correct, each variable (inbound and outbound links) is capped at 100,000 and exceeding any of this may result in undesired behaviors. If you'd need advise about how to adapt your solution to these limits, I'd encourage you to speak to your account representative.

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• @Julio S. Thank you for the clarification and support! Fortunately, I have been working on options to stay under the 100k & 200k limits -- but always good to know where the boundary lines are drawn.

Have a great day.

-Erik