Automation to copy same rows every day

Hello,

looking to confirm if there is a way to have automation copy the same rows to a new sheet everyday?

using the automation configurations below, it only works 1x or only when a new row is created that meets the same criteria. We would like for these rows to be moved to the master sheet everyday.

Answers

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @dnan - Yes, I do something similar today with 3 sheets:

1. Tracker where various people update content and status updates. The date is like an issue log with new items added, priorities changing (high, med, low), and statuses changing (new, in progress, on hold, canceled, etc.)
    2. Data collection sheet that no one else sees. It has multiple countifs formulas to pull in the real-time stats.
    3. A sheet of daily snapshots, one row per date.

There is a workflow in sheet 2 that copies into sheet 3 at 11:00PM each night. Here's a pic from sheet 2. Circled in red is the data we use for daily charting

• dnan
    dnan ✭✭

Hi Scott,

this seems very similar. are you able to share what your workflow looks like? for mine, it is only copying a new row instead of the existing rows we want to use as the start of day.

thank you,

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @dnan - Here's a pic:

• dnan
    dnan ✭✭

I added a MOVE checkbox, and deleted and started fresh with a new automation workflow, tested for 10AM but no moves were made. It works when I trigger a manual run as a test without errors, but not on its own.

any other ideas what i am missing?

thank you

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

One unique element of mine is that I have a date column in the source sheet with a formula =today(). This means the data changes every day, so I wonder if that's a requirement, even if the workflow trigger isn't calling for it? When the row is copied in the destination sheet just has the data of the date, the formula isn't copied.