Are inter project dependencies still not available?

I have two projects that are related to one another but are two different workstreams. There are components of each project plan that have a dependency on the other project plan. Is there an easy way to create a dependency link between the two so that when an update is made in one sheet, it updates the other team's sheet accordingly?

Best Answer

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would have a task in sheet 1 that can be updated from sheet 1 and then create the exact same task in sheet 2 and use cell links linking the cells in sheet 2 to the same cells in sheet 1. That way, you could then set the dependent tasks in sheet 2 to that cell linked task and set it as a start to finish relationship.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would have a task in sheet 1 that can be updated from sheet 1 and then create the exact same task in sheet 2 and use cell links linking the cells in sheet 2 to the same cells in sheet 1. That way, you could then set the dependent tasks in sheet 2 to that cell linked task and set it as a start to finish relationship.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• ahhhh... that's a pretty easy workaround. Thank you!!