Is there a way for me to add something like a search field or a dropdown field?

iamje
iamje ✭✭
edited 05/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way for me to add something like a search field or a dropdown field?

What I am aiming to achived is to have the client it or the escalation owner be a drop down field, so whenever a particular entity is selected from whichever field [client or escalation owner] then the data will pull in to other fields.

Answers

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers

Hi @iamje

Unfortunately there isn't currently a way to change the viewable data in a dashboard based on live selection.

However dependent on how many variations you have you could possibly look to create individual dashboards for each variation and then map those into a functional dashboard.

Something similar I've done that allows easy access to multiple data sets but feels like the end user is navigating through a dashboard when in effect due to the identical main layout they are jumping between dashboards.

You could have two top level dashboards Client and Escalation owner and then have the variations below those.

Not the answer you were after i expect but hope it may be of help

Thanks

Paul

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @iamje

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, it's possible, and I developed something similar for Sales Metrics a while ago for a client, but it's quite advanced to set up.

Is all the data in one sheet or multiple?

Will there only be one that accesses the Dashboard or multiple simultaneously?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• iamje
    iamje ✭✭

Replying to Adree: Yes, there's only 1 sheet.

• iamje
    iamje ✭✭

Replying to Adree: Can I access the sample smartsheet you provided?