How can I add a trend line in a bar graph?

Hello All,

I have recently started using Smartsheet and have been on YouTube and this amazing forum to self teach. I have a couple of questions which I hope I can get answers for

1. I have bar chart made with 6 bars. Am I able to add a trend line into this? I would ideally like to represent where we should be as opposed to where we currently sit.
  2. I also have a line graph, with several bits of data in it, there are 8 lines in total, however I have to click on the legends individually to eliminate them from the graph itself. Is there an easier way instead of clicking 7/8 legends just to see 1 line? Ideally I would like to click on the legends I would like to see rather than rule them out.

Looking forward to the response and thank you all!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    1. There is no easy way to do this, but with careful structure of data and some creativity with formulas it can be done. Feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn if you are interested in exploring this.
    2. Unfortunately not. I believe there was someone else who asked something like this recently, so feel free to browse the Product Ideas section (link at top of page) to see if it was submitted as an idea. If it was then you can add your vote. If it wasn't, you can submit it yourself to allow others to vote on it. Either way, feel free to provide a link to the idea here in this thread as well so others looking for the same thing can easily add their votes.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    1. There is no easy way to do this, but with careful structure of data and some creativity with formulas it can be done. Feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn if you are interested in exploring this.
    2. Unfortunately not. I believe there was someone else who asked something like this recently, so feel free to browse the Product Ideas section (link at top of page) to see if it was submitted as an idea. If it was then you can add your vote. If it wasn't, you can submit it yourself to allow others to vote on it. Either way, feel free to provide a link to the idea here in this thread as well so others looking for the same thing can easily add their votes.
  • Thank you Paul, have a lovely day.